Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Facebook Instagram Pinterest TeachersPayTeachers Image Map

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Shut Up and Blog Challenge: Day 1

I have a confession. I love to write but I don't love to blog. Why? The pressure. For me, it's the perfect image, perfect words and socially accepted content. Blah. Blah. I know a fellow teacher who blogs all the time. I know for a fact that while her blogs are well thought out, she doesn't put in half the time and effort I do. You know what? Her posts are awesome. 

Well, I recently started a creative writing class and all the instructors and all the research says if you want to be a good writer you need to shut up and write. So this is what I'm going to do. I am challenging myself to blog daily. No pressure. Just a little line to say, "Hey this was my day..." This lets me off the hook and lets me do what I love. Writing. 

So hey, this is what is up with me today. I spent my entire day working on third nine-week report cards. The grades were the easy part. It's those stinking teacher comments that always get me. I know how important that kind of thing is to me as a parent so it's rather important I'm sincere and positive. Not always easy but I've got a pretty amazing class sooooo I'm done with report cards! 

I also worked on the script for the EC/Kinder play which they will be performing in about a month. Yikes! We have learned all 9 songs and now it is time to learn the lines. We are performing Willie Wonka and it's going to be adorable. If that is, BFF and fellow teacher Vanessa C and I don't kill each other. Well, that's it for this evening. Wow. That was easy....

No comments:

Post a Comment